Join a group of train enthusiasts to assist in the operation and maintenance of our grand collection of locomotives here at MOTAT. Age is but a number and experience is not necessary as the team are happy to train up those who are keen and interested to be apart of 140 years of NZ rail history.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Assist in the ongoing maintenance of operating trains and/or work on conservation and restoration projects, as required.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Provide assistance, as required, with the ongoing maintenance of operating trains and any related restoration and maintenance projects.
• Work on agreed railway projects, as requested by the Collection Workshops Manager or the Project Leader.
• Ensure that the restoration workshop area is safe and free of potential hazards and at all times maintaining a tidy workspace.
• Actively support the delivery of the MOTAT experience including relevant historical information about the trains, the railway, and also the Museum.
Volunteering Days: Tuesday evenings and/or Sundays
Between the following hours: Tuesdays 5.00pm – 10.00pm / Sundays 10.00am – 5.15pm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Flexibility and a “can do” attitude.
• Able to work as part of a team and unsupervised.
• Ability to commit to volunteering on a regular basis.
• Ability to participate in regular training.
PLEASE NOTE YOU ARE EXPRESSING INTEREST TO JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM
Your application was submitted successfully.