We are on the hunt for experienced telecommunications experts who would like to come in to tinker and educate our visitors on the evolution of communication technology.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Collection Workshops Manager, provide technical advice on the maintenance, restoration and use of communications-based artefacts and to assist in the practical restoration of artefacts and objects in the Communications workshop.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Work on agreed communications projects, as requested by the Collection Workshops Manager or the relevant Project Leader.
• Provide technical advice on maintenance and restoration issues within the Communications team.
• Assist in the practical restoration and rebuilding of communications artefacts and objects.
• Contribute to a welcoming environment for customers and provide information and education on the communications artefacts.
Volunteering Days: Tuesdays
Start Time – Finish Time: Between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Flexibility and a “can do” attitude.
• Able to work as part of a team and unsupervised.
• Ability to commit to volunteering on a regular basis.
• Engineering or technical experience within the ICT and/or telecommunications industries.
• Practical electrical skills including soldering and wiring experience.
PLEASE NOTE YOU ARE EXPRESSING INTEREST TO JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM
Your application was submitted successfully.