Our Bookbinders look to deliver know how and tips on how to conduct simple bookbinding so our visitors are able to have a go and go onto use these skills at home.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To deliver an informative, interactive and educational experience to all MOTAT customers to enhance their understanding and appreciation of bookbinding and book crafts.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Provide customers with an understanding of the equipment and processes used for bookbinding and book crafts.
- Ensure that the bookbinding area is safe and free of potential hazards and at all times maintaining a tidy workspace.
- Actively support the delivery of the MOTAT experience including relevant information about bookbinding as it relates to the Museum.
- Contribute to a welcoming environment for customers and engage with them in an informative and educational manner.
- Remain current on all emergency procedures in accordance with the overall Museum Emergency Response policies and procedures, including emergency telephone use.
Volunteering Days: Sundays
Start Time – Finish Time: Between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm
Review Period: 6 months or after 50 hours, whichever is earlier.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Flexibility and a “can do” attitude.
- Able to work as part of a team and unsupervised.
- Ability to commit to volunteering on a regular basis.
- Ability to participate in regular training.
PLEASE NOTE YOU ARE EXPRESSING INTEREST TO JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM